Health & Safety
In an industry dealing with hazardous materials, we recognise the importance of attaining the highest health and safety standards. We are committed to the welfare of our operatives, our clients and the general public when undertaking our contracts and as a company we have implemented the following procedures to ensure we deliver health and safety excellence:
- Our staff are properly supervised by experienced team leaders. Our aim is to ensure that all of our site supervisors have undertaken the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme qualification (SSSTS).
- All our site operatives are provided with an extensive kit of protective clothing, which is renewed on a regular basis.
- Our management team hold numerous health and safety qualifications in order to support and guide our site supervisors in this area. These include IOSH Managing Safely, NVQ Level 6 Construction Contracting Operations Management, SMSTS, WAMITAB, NVQ Level 5 Practical/Occupational Health & Safety and a number of UKATA courses.
- We employ the services of external health and safety consultants to ensure that we are up to date with current legislation. In addition, we utilise their services to carry out random site inspections to maintain consistent best practice across our sites.
- We prepare site specific method statements and risk assessments, as we understand all our projects present individual health and safety issues.
- We undertake regular on site toolbox talks with our operatives. We also run mandatory off site health and safety training days throughout the year.
We have recently renewed our asbestos removal licence with the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and have been awarded a two year licence, in recognition of our performance in health and safety on site. As a company we are committed to our trade affiliations and our efforts have been rewarded with membership of numerous safety and best practice organisations. We have recently been successful in applying for membership to ARCA, an achievement of which we are hugely proud. In addition, we are currently members of the following:
We also hold the CSCS Platinum Certificate of Commitment. This is the highest level awarded by CSCS, recognising that over 90% of our operatives hold a valid CSCS card. We however aim that 100% of our site staff hold the appropriate CSCS card.